We are currently in the process of installing an electronic staffless system at Titans Gym. A price was agreed with an IT company last week and finance approved. The system will consist of the following:
1) A full CCTV system covering every inch of the gym with remote viewing via a smart phone.
2) An airport style 2 door security access system with a fob which can be swiped to gain entry. Each fob will be unique to each member and will only work if membership is up to date. The second door will only open once the first door is closed to avoid unauthorised entry.
3) A vending system for drinks and bars.
4) A reception security surround to keep reception fully locked in unmanned hours.
5) An electronic timer system which automatically opens and closes roller shutters as well as turning on/off lights and power to cardio equipment.
Work will start on this next week with a lead time of completion the end of September 2017. This will mean Titans can open for longer hours an both weekdays and weekends. It will be staffed in the busy times and unstaffed in the quiet times.
The unstaffed hours will only be accessible to members who have signed up on a 6 monthly/yearly deal or who pay via direct debit. There will be a deposit payable to receive an access fob for the instaffed hours. This deposit will be returned upon termination of a membership.
Each member who wishes to receive a fob will have to sign a code of conduct whereby they agree to put all weights and equipment away after use as well as put all litter in the bins provided.
More information including completion date, extended opening hours and staffed hours to follow.